Quality Matters Campaign
The ‘Quality Matters’ campaign offers a free assessment of ESD facility and the ESD knowledge of the Technical Personnel of the participating organization. In other words, it serves as a ‘gap analysis’* or a ‘reality-check’ based on ESDA Technical Report TR53 to understand where the organization stands as compared to that of global ESD Standards – ANSI/ESD S20.20 & IEC 61340-5-1
Aimed at reaching out to the entire Middle East & Africa region, the ‘Pilot Programs’ are being initiated in the UAE . The priority would be extended to mission-critical industries like Aviation, Military, Medical and Oil & Gas.
The ultimate goal of the campaign is to raise the bar in terms of quality & workmanship, of critical industries to help high-tech overseas companies invest in the MEA Region, and thereby contribute to their economy!
The Middle East & Africa ESD Forum plans to establish units in every country in the Middle East & Africa Region in a phased manner.
Starts this September! Register now** to avoid delay.
* In management literature, gap analysis involves the comparison of actual performance with potential or desired performance. If an organization does not make the best use of current resources or forgoes investment in capital or technology, it may produce or perform below its potential. – Wikipedia
**(Currently available to UAE companies only)
What is ESDA Technical Report TR53?
“This technical report describes the test procedures and instrumentation that can be used to periodically verify the performance of ESD protective equipment and materials.
The purpose of this technical report is to provide compliance verification test procedures and troubleshooting guidance for ESD protective equipment and materials. Test results may be used for the Compliance Verification Plan Requirements of ANSI/ESD S20.20 or those of the user if more restrictive.” – ESD Association
What is ESDA TR53 Certification?
The EOS/ESD Association recently announced the launch of its TR53 Technician Certification Program.
The ESDA established the TR53 Technician Certification Program, which is based on the ESDA’s technical report, ESD-TR53 Compliance Verification of ESD Protective Equipment and Materials.
This important document supports and maintains static control programs designed around ANSI/ESD S20.20 Standard for the Development of an Electrostatic Discharge Control Program for Protection of Electrical and Electronic Parts, Assemblies and Equipment, and the European technically equivalent standard IEC 61340-5-1.
Who conducts the Free ESD Assessment Programs for the ‘Quality Matters’ Campaign?
The ESD Assessment Program is conducted by a team of technical personnel headed by Satish V.P* – only ESDA Certified TR53 professional from the Middle East & Africa.
*Credentials of Satish V.P:
ESDA Certified TR53 professional (https://esda.org/index.php/certification/tr53-certification/tr53-certified-technicians/ )
Additionally, he has attended the following training programs directly conducted by ESD Association
- FC100: ESD Basics for the Program Manager
- FC101: How To’s of In-Plant ESD Auditing and Evaluation Measurements
- FC110: Cleanroom Considerations for the Program Manager
- FC120: Ionization Issues and Answers for the Program Manager
- DD/FC130: System Level ESD/EMI: Testing to IEC and Other Standards
- FC200: Packaging Principles for the Program Manager
- FC210: ESD Standards Overview for the Program Manager
- FC215: Device Technology and FA Overview
- DD/FC 380: Electrostatic Calculations for the Program Manager and the ESD Engineer
- FC340: ESD Program Development & Assessment (ANSI/ESD S20.20 Seminar)